MEMBER SERVICES Q&A: Transferring service


Sarah Weber, member services representative

Q: I am moving from an apartment that gets electricity from Bluebonnet to a house that also gets its power from Bluebonnet. How do I transfer my service?
A: We have a helpful page where you can learn about the process. 
This page has details on several types of service options. You can see how to start service at or transfer service to a location that currently has a meter or has had a meter. There is also information about what steps to take to start service at a location that is new construction or has never had electricity. You can also find out how to request increased electrical capacity, have Bluebonnet relocate or remove electric equipment, or cancel service. 
To start service for a location that has a meter, you’ll need to know:
1. The address where the service will be provided and your mailing address (these aren’t always the same)
2. The phone number you’ll have on your account information
3. Your driver’s license number
4. Your Social Security number 
5. Your date of birth
You will also want to read the sample Member Agreement, which is linked from the Electric Service page.
After that, call 800-842-7708 or visit one of our five member service centers in Bastrop, Brenham, Giddings, Lockhart or Manor (there is a link to see those addresses on the Web page, too). 
We look forward to talking to you!
– Sarah Weber, member service representative

« Return to News