Making a Service Request
You must establish a new account with Bluebonnet if:
- The property doesn't currently have electric service
- A new pole must be installed in order to reach the metering point.
To establish a new account please click here to complete an online service request , or contact your local Member Service Center by phone or in person.
Making a New Service Appointment
Once a request for service has been submitted to Bluebonnet, a Bluebonnet representative will contact you to schedule a new service appointment.
A new service appointment lets us:
- Establish where the poles, transformer and meter should be installed on the property
- Determine whether any permits or easements must be secured, or whether any rights-of-way must be cleared or trimmed before the line is built; and
- Provide you with a preliminary estimate of cost.
At your new service appointment, you should provide Bluebonnet with:
- The location of the structure (four corners of where structure will be located clearly marked);
- The location of the metering point (where meter will be located on house or pole clearly marked);
- The location of the property lines, septic system, telephone, cable, gas and water lines, etc.; and
- Access to additional easements in order to provide service to your location, as necessary (knowing your neighbors is helpful).
Bluebonnet will provide you with the amp size of the meter loop required for the structure (click here for more information about meter loops).
Extending Existing Lines
Bluebonnet can extend existing primary-line facilities (power lines at 7,200 volts or more) to the overhead transformer that will service a new location. Typically, there is a contribution-in-aid-of-construction (CIAC) fee associated with such a line extension.
For more information about conditions and charges, please click on the type of line extension you're interested in: