- Electricity and water don't mix. Keep all electrical equipment away from water.
- Never poke anything into a wall socket, a toaster or any other electrical appliance.
- Never use electric appliances without adult supervision.
- Never play with electrical cords.
- Never go close to areas marked “Danger — High Voltage.”
- Never fly kites or climb trees close to power lines.
- Play indoors during electrical storms.
- If you see a downed power line, stay away from it, then call 9-1-1.
Bluebonnet offers a variety of electrical safety presentations for children, including “Electric Junction,” which shows children how electricity works and what it’s all about.
For more information on presentations for your school or organization, please call your local Community Representative.